Centrecare Youth Grants
A Centrecare Youth Grant provides small grants up to $1,000 for young people (15-18) who have been in out-of-home care and are transitioning to independence.
The Youth Grant (formerly known as the John Connor Youth Fund) was established in 2005, thanks to the generous bequeath of Mr John Connor and was designed to support young people leaving care.
What is covered by the grant?
Funding of up to $1,000 is available for items that will assist the applicant transition to independent living.
What can it be used for?
A range of items such as:
- white goods & kitchen items
- bedding and linen
- bond for uni accommodation
- laptop / computer for further education
- connection cost associated with utilities e.g. phone, electricity & water
Each application will be assessed by the Director of Centrecare on how it will benefit you to transition and maintain your independence.
How to apply
- Download the Application Form from the link below.
- Fill in all the sections ((before submitting an Application, take a moment to check you have filled in the form and all relevant information and attachments have been included).
- Submit by email to email@example.com
You will receive an acknowledgement via email within 5 business days of receipt.
Assessment and notification
Please allow up to 1 month for advice regarding the outcome of your application.
All applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of their application.